XI 3.0 Installation Problem: no central managment server running
Hi, I am totally new to BO our company just purchased the application and I have installed XI 3.0 on one of our server. I have setup the DB and the installation finished successfully. However I can't find CMS anywhere on the server. It seems like all the other XI 3.0 components are there Business view manager, central configuration manager, etc. they are all in the program list.
The only thing I didn't install is Tomcat. In Central configuration Manager ther Server Intelligence Agent is running. When I try to connect to the server in Business view Manager I receive the following error "The system servername cannot be contacted, but there is no Central Managment Server running at port 6400."
During the installation for "Web Application Server" part I checked the "other" option since I want to use IIS. I have a feeling I need to do some type of post configuration for IIS? Where do I perform this?
Our setup is:
Window Server 2003 SP2 with all the latest window updates
The latest XI 3.0 (I downloaded it from the product page)
My questions are:
1. Does XI work with IIS at all?
2. Do I need to install Tomcat and run some kind of connector to have IIS work?
3. What am I missing for my XI 3.0 it seem the core component is missing (CS)?
Edited by: Amy Williams on Sep 24, 2008 11:18 AM
Moved from Xcelsius forum to BOE Administration
Tim Ziemba replied
You basically cannot work with IIS for XI 3.0. Currently you will have to use a Java based web server (Tomcat, Websphere etc.) The .NET WCA is scheduled for a later update (as far as I know).
You can use IIS with a redirector such as jakarta for tomcat. Weblogic and Websphere have their own plugins as well if you really want to front your java app with IIS. I'm of the opinion that less points of failure is better. The right reason to do something like this would be to seperate static and dynamic content, I've heard from customers if this is done correctly then performance of the web/app will increase dramatically (up to 4X). This is not documented internally yet(I'm working on it - no ETA).
Oh, when I saw this working properly, the redirector basically was set to process static content (like images, html, etc) with IIS and java processed the rest.