Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

RequiredSteps.asp Files in Crystal 10.0 Developer

Hello.

I am currently upgrading a set of Crystal Reports developed in version 8.0.1.0 and which are accessed by end users through a web application. The CRViewer.dll, and its associated components, are downloaded from the webserver to the clients via ActiveXViewer.cab and allow the reports to be viewed. I.e., the RDC is being used through classic ASP code.

To access these reports, I use versions of AlwaysRequiredSteps.asp, MoreRequiredSteps.asp, and SmartViewerActiveX.asp that came with Crystal 8.0.1.0. The reports need to be upgraded to Crystal Developer 10.0. I don't see any of those three Active Server Page files on the Developer 10.0 source disks, and they weren't copied to my local development machine.

Questions:

- Are there new versions of AlwaysRequiredSteps.asp, MoreRequiredSteps.asp, and SmartViewerActiveX.asp that I should be using for 10.0 (versus 8.0.1.0)? Or can I continue to use the versions of those ASP files that came with 8.0.1.0? (Those latter ones are datetime-stamped 3/7/2003 18:22.)

- I know the SmartViewerActiveX ASP code would have to specify a different ClassID and CodeBase. I believe (based on other posts I found on this site) those values are: CLASSID="CLSID:A1B8A30B-8AAA-4a3e-8869-1DA509E8A011" and CODEBASE="/viewer/ActiveXviewer/ActiveXViewer.CAB# Version=10,0,5,1045". Are there any other changes that would have to be made to that file, to get it to work with Developer 10.0?

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question