Generic datasource.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello BI Experts,

In Generic DataSource,for delta load,the possibilities are by,

Timestamp

Calender Day

Numeric Pointer.

Suppose when i select timestamp as option ,whether field name should be a time stamp? or can i mention any other field name ?

In Sflight table we have carrid, connid,fldate,price,Currency as fields.

My requirement is, a delta record should be generated when price field in sflight is updated?

Thanks and Regards,

MuraliManohar.

Edited by: Murali Manohar Shanmugam on Sep 24, 2008 6:36 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here for you can use calday as delta option and u can use date field here and that should be the last changed date. But you cannot run the multiple delta loads you can run only one delta at the end of the day.

Khaja

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jasonmuzzy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Generic delta does not work by tracking changes to field values such as price -- that approach would require change pointers or some other method using a queue.

Instead, it operates by keeping track of a reference pointer. For a timestamp it takes the current timestamp and stores that in the ROOSGENDLM table. The next time you run a delta it looks up the pointer and then extracts all records whose timestamp is greater than the pointer, and when it's done it updates the pointer again.

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai if u change it to time stamp then ur selection filed should be changed or Created on day which will have the time stamp of documentcreated, through that we handel our timestamp details, hopes this help u

Edited by: Aravindan Pagadala on Sep 24, 2008 8:45 PM