cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how data gets to 0BCS_C11?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have activated 0BCS_C11 infocube from business content.

there is no update rule, infosource or anything to load data into this cube.

¿is there a content to activate or I need to build the data flow to the cube by my self?

thanks for the help.

Mauricio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks again for yor help.

We have check with SAP the use of SEM and the management has decided to keep SEM.

Mauricio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sajiv

thank you for your answer.

I would like to ask a few more questions:

1.- do I have to activate business content objects, other than Cube, Infoobject and Query??

2.- Is the data goint to be written into the cube by BPS processes?? I noticed that this is not a basic infocube.

thanks again. points awarded.

Mauricio

sanjiv_mohta3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Mauricio,

You might want to look at the Virtual Cube 0BCS_VC11 as well as some of the reporting for this application is actually off of the virtual cube. Also, you may need to customize the cubes or create custom cubes depending on how BCS gets configured.

Also, BCS itself may need the FI-GL cube to be activated if they plan on using that as the data bases for the Consolidation workbench.

If I remember right 0BCS_C11 is a remote cube and reads data using a Function Module from the Consolidation Application itself. So you do not have any data load processes for this cube.

Are you guys implementing SEM-BCS? I believe SAP's strategic direction is to move away from SEM-BCS for consolidations and towards SAP BPC (formerly OutlookSoft) for consolidations. You might want to check out on that if you are very early in the project.

Cheers,

Sanjiv

sanjiv_mohta3
Explorer
0 Kudos

This cube is populated by the SEM-BCS component. You will need to configure the Consolidation Workbench, setup Consolidation Monitors etc. and run your consolidation process which will write data into this cube.

Cheers,

Sanjiv