cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reports crashing web intelligence server

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are a couple of reports that keep crashing our web intelligence server. Every time those reports are schedule or manually ran, the web intelligence server that runs the report will crash, and the server just hang at the starting stage, never fully recover. Has anyone been experiencing this or know the cause of this? My solution now is to have a script that checks the WIS every 15 minutes, if it's hang, then the script restarts WIS.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi johnny,

Do you find solution for your problem ?

we facing same problem where some webi report causing server to crash.

when we open the report, web intelligence server crash afterward. We found that it happend when whe log as administrator and click the drill button, after the drill button clicked, webi server down.

our environment is solaris, BOXI SP2 + PP .

ps: How can I contact BO customer support representative, if I want to report this problem?

Thanx alot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

so, is it a hang or a crash?

what's happening to the WIReportServer process?

is it crashing and core dumping?

or is it hanging, if hanging, is it using a lot of CPU and/or memory? or just waiting for something?

If crashing, you can try to contact your customer support representative, that would be a bug.

If hanging and doing nothing, it will be time to have a look at the traces and try to understand what it's doing.

Regards;

Lionel