Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Posting an XML Variable to a BLS Transaction from a web page

I am working in xMII 11.5 with all the latest service packs. I know this is probably a really basic question but I am stumped.

I am trying to pass a multi row and multi column XML data set from a web page into a BLS transaction (actually, two of them) in order to populate the parameter. I want to use the Web Service interface to the transaction. I have tried using parameters on an Xacute Query in an Applet as well with an equal lack of success. I cannot persuade the transaction to see the incoming variable as an XML data type. I have tried encoding and decoding and string to xml conversions and nothing seems to successfully allow the data set to be seen withing the BLS as anything but a string. The String to XML action will not handle the number of columns in the dataset though it seems to work if the data set has only one column. The data set is formatted in the proper "Rowsets/Rowset/Row" format. I have considered writing the data to an XML file on the server (I know I can deal with that) but that is not acceptable in this application.

Can someone share the secret with me?

...Sparks

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question