cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managers who are not SAP users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody.

I have an assignment to create a workflow that sends emails to the manger of an employee when the trial period is over.

The manager in return has to send information to the HR Department, whether or not the employee should receive a permanent contract.

Not all the managers are SAP users. Do you guys have any idea how to implement this? I can find the mangers via a rule. And I can figure out his personnel number, and even the email from the HR master data, and send an email. But I don't know if I can handle a response..?

Please advice.

Hulda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically you need to set your workflow to wait for an event. And the event will be triggered by the incoming email.

As already said, do some searches about transaction SO28 and check for example the following thread: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/6c/69c2e3418d11d1896e0000e8322d00/content.htm

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hulda,

In the e-mail that goes to the manager, you can also send the information about HR departments email id so that that the manager can send the e-mail to the HR manager but this will not be in the workflow history.

To execute a workitem from outlook, you can try implementing MAPI interface if you want the complete history.

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Take a look at this Trx SO28.

Regards, IA