cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For a deployment order, it the PP-firmed indicator that indicates the firming.

Can we do automatic firming for Deployment? What is the setting that guides this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Visu,

Can you restate your query. Are you saying a Deployed Order has PP-Firm indicator in Product View.

To my knowledge the Firming concept is relevant to PPDS and not really in SNP.

You can always go to an Order in Product View and change the PP-Firmed flag manually.

But check what is the APO application. If it was a Deployment run Order then the Application will be SNP.

But when the PP-Firm flag is set manually and Saved the APO Application will change to PPDS.

There is no way to find out (or I do not know) who Firmed the order manually thanks to liveCache.

Regards,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks every one for the replies.

What I am trying to understand is :

I have a deployment purchase requisition ( is the same case with stock transfers) on 1st. October for a product at a DC.

This PReq. has a APO internal number meaning it was just created in APO by deployment and not yet sent to R/3.

More details:

Avail date: 1oct2008, Category: DEP: PReq

in details----

PPfirmed: Indicator checked

APO application: SNP

Creation date 25 Sept 2008

Creation time: 15:30:00

SNP prod. horizon: 0 days

SNP Stk Trn.Horizon: 2 days

Deployment Job runs for a horizon of 7 days.

This order must be a result a deployment run today and the PP firmed indicator is already checked. This makes me wonder if the system firms automatically the orders it generates in deployment run.

I hope I am clear.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No matter its a deployment Preq or SNP Preq generated by Hueristics..in RRP3 you look it as PP Firmed (probably there is no difference in Preqs in PPDS and SNP- My guess) you can only differenciate the difference in Planned Orders (SNP Planned Orders and PPDS orders(as Firmed)..

Final conclusion from is is If you check SNP created PReqs or Deployment PReqs, system automatically set the status as Firmed which can be viewed in RRP3

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not necessarily agree. But this is what I confirmed playing in the system today.

Step 1: Deployment is run and the Dep: PReq when seen in Product View has APO Application - SNP and No firming.

Step 2: Increase the planning time fence in the product master at the target location (where the Dep: PReq is displayed) sufficiently out in future so that the Dep: PReq falls within it

Step 3: Do nothing in SNP. Just open Product View for the Product at the Target Location.

Now the Dep:Preq is PP-Firmed (but not Input, Output firmed or Date Fixed) and the APO Application is SNP only.

So the PP-Firmed flag is on automatically by the system as the order is within Planing Time Fence.

Step 4: Reduce the Planning Time Fence in product master

Step 5: Open Product View and see that PP-Firmed flag has gone off.

If however you make any manual change to the Dep: Preqd (say date) then Date Fixed flag (and thus PP-Firmed) comes on which does not go off with changes in Planning Time Fence. APO Applicatio nremains SNP for any manual changes (unless you run a PPDS Heuristics).

This is the standard expected system behaviour.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath, I completely agree with you. My previous statement was based on my observation in my system. However, I obseved that this behaviour occured with no Plng Time Fence maintained in my system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somath,

We don't have any planning time fence setup for any products as Sai said.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

It is automatically sets by system depending on planning time fence,SNP production horizon.

PP-Firmed:

The system automatically sets the status PP-firmed

if the availability date of the order is within the planning time fence,

if the order is a Supply Network Planning order that is outside the SNP production horizon,

if the order has one of the following statuses:

output firmed

input firmed

date fixed

The status PP-firmed is therefore a higher-level status that is assigned automatically to an order under certain planning conditions, or because of other statuses.

Output Firmed :

You can set the status Output Firmed manually. The system automatically sets the status Output Firmed:

if you change the receipt, for example, the date or quantity, manually.

if you set the conversion indicator for the order.

if the order has the status Input Firmed.

if the order is a production order or purchase order.

Input Firmed:

The components and component quantites are fixed for an in-house production order with the status Input Firmed.

This means that the system does not automatically dissolve the production process model when a manual change is made to the receipt quantity. Instead you can choose:

whether the system retains the current components and only adjusts the the component quantities to the new receipt quantity.

whether the system dissolves the production process model.

In doing this the system overwrites your manual changes to the BOM.

The system automatically sets the status Input Firmed for an order if you exhange components of the order or change the component quantities.

Manish

• Please do not copy paste F1 Help - it does not add any value. Either provide help.sap.com link or best share your experience working on a similar issue. ***

Edited by: Somnath Manna on Sep 25, 2008 6:14 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I don't have any planning time fence defined in product master in PPDS and the SNP horizon is 20 days. But I see some orders with PP firmed that are within 2 days from today. Just want to know if this is possible automatically with any other setting.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Visu,

Please refer below on firming receipts :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm41/helpdata/en/3d/93de3754544e2ae10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

Manual PP-Firming

You can manually firm a receipt as follows:

· By setting the Firmed output indicator for the order in the order processing view

· By choosing Set PP-Firming for the receipt in the product view or receipts view

Automatic PP-Firming

The system automatically sets the PP-firmed status for the receipt in an in-house production order or an external procurement order with a schedule line:

· If it is a receipt from an SNP order that lies after the PP/DS horizon

· If the availability date/time of the receipt lies in the planning time fence or reaches the planning time fence

· If you manually change the receipt, for example:

¡ If you change the date/time, the quantity, or the source

¡ If you set the conversion indicator

· If the order acquires one of the following firming statuses:

¡ Firmed output

¡ Firmed input

¡ Fixed date

These are order statuses, unlike the receipt status PP-firmed.

· If the order has one of the following order execution statuses:

¡ Released

¡ Started

¡ Partially confirmed

¡ Finally confirmed

¡ Partially delivered

¡ Finally delivered

Thukral

Edited by: Thukral on Sep 24, 2008 7:45 PM

Please do not copy paste F1 Help - it does not add any value. Either provide help.sap.com link or best share your experience working on a similar issue.

Edited by: Somnath Manna on Sep 25, 2008 6:17 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

I don't thing there is any std functionality by which you can set PP firm Indicator except doing it manually .

May be some customization ( user exit or BADI ) will be required.

But you can define/increase your planning time fence so that order will come in to this Horizon and system will activate PP firm indicator for those order.

Also order you create/change manaully will be PP firm automatically thats why for some order it is showing PP firm which is due in 2 days or it may be Production order /Purcahse order or satisfy condition as described in my above note.

Manish