cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppress Line Feed/Carriage Return in Subreport

Former Member
0 Kudos

When exporting a report in tabular format, with one "field" actually being a subreport, the export to excel places the subreport "field" on a separate line and adds an extra line below that. How do you suppress the line feeds when the export from crystal sees the subreport?

THANKS!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

patrick_genest
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

When exporting to MS Excel data only, it will always display the subreport data on the next line.

My suggestion will be to export the report to MS Excel, not MS Excel Data Only, and the subreport will appear on the same line.

When exporting to MS Excel the information will look as close as possible to the way it look in Crystal Reports, but to acheive this result it might add extra columns and rows. This happen because objects are not aligned in the design of the report and the exporting driver have to create those extra rows or colums. To avoid this situation, use guidelines to align your object on the report horizontally and vertically.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I appreciate it!

RALPH

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

Right click on sub report and format sub report then go in border tab and remove the lines.

Regards,

Sastry

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've already tried that...

THANKS!

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this behaviour is by default and there is no workaround.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm hoping this is NOT the correct answer...

Thanks Anyway!

RALPH