cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client has raw materials in terms of rods say 100m length and 2mm dia.Say material number RM1 for the entire rod.

Now when they cut it say as per requirement they will cut 1.5 m out of it and still want to maintain it with same raw material number 'RM1' to the cut out part.. Left over is 98.5m.

Next they will cut 2 m out of it and still want to maintain same material number of the cut out part. Now my problem is what part number to give to the cut out part ( as it cant be same as parent parent part number)and how to create the bill of material??.

Only if I will be able to create the BOM for it say cut out part is RM1 again then only I can use it in some other assembly, I can use it in its higher level BOM!! But i am not able to think how to create this BOM first.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Mohammad Arif.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arif,

You can create a batch class with the following characteristics; Length and size. Next, you need to assign that batch class to your raw material (rod).

Now, if the cut out part of the rod is an assembly for your finished product and you need to keep a track of its production, you should do the following:

1. Create a new material e.g. cut rod (semi-finished)

2. Assign the same class (with characteristics length and size) on the semi-finished product.

3. Create a BOM for the semi-finished product and assign the raw material rod in it.

4. Create a production order for the semi-finished product, confirm it and assign a batch to your semi-finished rod product. On each batch you can assign it's length and size uniquely.

5. Update the size and length on your raw material rod.

If you don't want to keep a track of the cut rod, you could just assign the batch class on your raw material rod and keep updating the size and length on it every time a part is cut from it.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Jawad Khan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check up with this:

Include the raw material RM1 as Item category "R" - Variable size item. Give the raw material dimensions(length and dia) in te size 1 and size 2 fields. Use the appropriate formula for the calculationn and maintain its UOM in its weight(kg). With this you can maintain the same material code based on Diameter. So you can use the material code where ever this rod is used.

Try this for your requirment.

-Thaila Shree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By using variable size unit you could do GR for various size raw materials...

But in your case your RM has cutted in the small parts and you want to know its quantity and Properties.

Create different storage loaction for each size (hope you less size variations) and do transfer posting material to material: handle such matrials in the Batch and use characteristics to update size that has been cutted.

You will get quantity of the RM material for the sp. size. Segeregation will be perfect

Hope it will help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

U have to use configurable material. Go through LO-VC for details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please tell me where will I get that material?

Moreover please tell me some flow of it.means from where to start and how to address the scenario?

Regards,

Mohammad Arif.