cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PrintMode="ActiveX" & Crystal Reports 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using CR XI.5, we were having our users print crystal reports in our .NET web application using a CrystalReportViewer and setting the PrintMode="ActiveX".

To do this, we had to add this to our Web.Config:

<configSections><sectionGroup name="businessObjects"><sectionGroup name="crystalReports"><section name="reportMappings" type="CrystalDecisions.Shared.ReportMappingHandler, CrystalDecisions.Shared, Version=11.5.3700.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304, Custom=null"/></sectionGroup></sectionGroup></configSections>

<businessObjects><crystalReports><reportMappings><add reportName="ClassLabels.rpt" path="Reports\ClassLabels.rpt"/><add reportName="ClassStarted.rpt" path="Reports\ClassStarted.rpt"/><add reportName="ClassStatus.rpt" path="Reports\ClassStatus.rpt"/><add reportName="inactivestudents.rpt" path="Reports\inactivestudents.rpt"/><add reportName="NewClassLabels.rpt" path="Reports\NewClassLabels.rpt"/></reportMappings></crystalReports></businessObjects>

Since we upgraded to Crystal Reports 2008 last night, we are getting errors in our app. I tried upgrading the control Version number in the Web.Config, but I am getting an error saying it can't find CrystalDecisions.Shared.ReportMappingHandler.

An error occurred creating the configuration section handler for businessObjects/crystalReports/reportMappings: Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.Shared, Version=12.0.1100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

After removing the above code out of the web.config, I am getting an error when trying to print from IE that says

IE Security Warning

Windows has blocked this software because it can't verify the publisher.

Name: PrintControl.cab

Publisher: Unknown Publisher

Any ideas? I just created a brand new app with a new crystal report and was able to recreate the error. Thanks in advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I hope you are using VS2005.

Crystal Reports 2008 have got dll versions of 12.0.1100.0 and these dlls will be available in c:\windows\assembly folder. Please make sure that the Crystal dlls of these versions are there in the system. Also as the reports are created in CRXIR2 you need to update them to CR2008, for this you need to open the reports in CR2008 designer and update the fields and re-save them. Preview the reports to make sure that you have the correct data.

I would suggest you to use the CR2008 with sp0 just to get upgraded, and please remember that it is a complete product with Sp0 integrated within, the dlls of CR2008 with sp0 will be 12.0.2000.0.

Please make sure that your viewer and application assembly are of the same updated dll versions and the web.config files points to proper dll versions.

In case of VS2008, make sure you use CR2008 with SP0 only having the dll versions as 12.0.2000.0.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

AG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using Visual Studio 2008 actually.

Like I mentioned, I created a brand new app with a brand new CR 2008 report and got the error as well so I don't believe the issue to be in the actual reports.

I installed the CRRuntime_12_0_mlb.exe from a download last week of cr120_redist_install.zip.

When I add the code below to my Web.Config, the app builds properly and the dialog boxes load properly on my local system.

<configSections>
        <sectionGroup name="businessObjects">
            <sectionGroup name="crystalReports">
                <section name="reportMappings" type="CrystalDecisions.Shared.ReportMappingHandler, CrystalDecisions.Shared, Version=12.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"/>
            </sectionGroup>
        </sectionGroup>
    </configSections>
    <businessObjects>
        <crystalReports>
            <reportMappings>
                <add reportName="myreport.rpt" path="myreport.rpt"/>
            </reportMappings>
        </crystalReports>
    </businessObjects>

But when I upload that code to my Windows 2003 server, I get the IE Script Error mentioned above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Please confirm if you have got the msi from [this|http://resources.businessobjects.com/support/additional_downloads/runtime.asp#08] link?

Also, have you get the Active X enabled for the browser? (Just want to check).

Thanks,

AG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I downloaded it from that location.

Again, the application works locally in my development environment when I put the code in the web.config file.

It isn't working on a Windows 2003 server that I have deployed the application to.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As an FYI-

The final solution was to go into Internet Explorer's settings and change the Intranet settings and change Download Unsigned ActiveX Scripts to Prompt, versus Disable. This was after the script was added to the web.config to use the reportMappings version 12.0.2000.0 and shown above.