Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

PrintMode="ActiveX" & Crystal Reports 2008

Using CR XI.5, we were having our users print crystal reports in our .NET web application using a CrystalReportViewer and setting the PrintMode="ActiveX".

To do this, we had to add this to our Web.Config:

<configSections><sectionGroup name="businessObjects"><sectionGroup name="crystalReports"><section name="reportMappings" type="CrystalDecisions.Shared.ReportMappingHandler, CrystalDecisions.Shared, Version=11.5.3700.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304, Custom=null"/></sectionGroup></sectionGroup></configSections>

<businessObjects><crystalReports><reportMappings><add reportName="ClassLabels.rpt" path="Reports\ClassLabels.rpt"/><add reportName="ClassStarted.rpt" path="Reports\ClassStarted.rpt"/><add reportName="ClassStatus.rpt" path="Reports\ClassStatus.rpt"/><add reportName="inactivestudents.rpt" path="Reports\inactivestudents.rpt"/><add reportName="NewClassLabels.rpt" path="Reports\NewClassLabels.rpt"/></reportMappings></crystalReports></businessObjects>

Since we upgraded to Crystal Reports 2008 last night, we are getting errors in our app. I tried upgrading the control Version number in the Web.Config, but I am getting an error saying it can't find CrystalDecisions.Shared.ReportMappingHandler.

An error occurred creating the configuration section handler for businessObjects/crystalReports/reportMappings: Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.Shared, Version=12.0.1100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

After removing the above code out of the web.config, I am getting an error when trying to print from IE that says

IE Security Warning

Windows has blocked this software because it can't verify the publisher.

Name: PrintControl.cab

Publisher: Unknown Publisher

Any ideas? I just created a brand new app with a new crystal report and was able to recreate the error. Thanks in advance for your help.

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question