Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

PrintMode="ActiveX" & Crystal Reports 2008

Using CR XI.5, we were having our users print crystal reports in our .NET web application using a CrystalReportViewer and setting the PrintMode="ActiveX".

To do this, we had to add this to our Web.Config:

<configSections><sectionGroup name="businessObjects"><sectionGroup name="crystalReports"><section name="reportMappings" type="CrystalDecisions.Shared.ReportMappingHandler, CrystalDecisions.Shared, Version=11.5.3700.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304, Custom=null"/></sectionGroup></sectionGroup></configSections>

<businessObjects><crystalReports><reportMappings><add reportName="ClassLabels.rpt" path="Reports\ClassLabels.rpt"/><add reportName="ClassStarted.rpt" path="Reports\ClassStarted.rpt"/><add reportName="ClassStatus.rpt" path="Reports\ClassStatus.rpt"/><add reportName="inactivestudents.rpt" path="Reports\inactivestudents.rpt"/><add reportName="NewClassLabels.rpt" path="Reports\NewClassLabels.rpt"/></reportMappings></crystalReports></businessObjects>

Since we upgraded to Crystal Reports 2008 last night, we are getting errors in our app. I tried upgrading the control Version number in the Web.Config, but I am getting an error saying it can't find CrystalDecisions.Shared.ReportMappingHandler.

An error occurred creating the configuration section handler for businessObjects/crystalReports/reportMappings: Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.Shared, Version=12.0.1100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

After removing the above code out of the web.config, I am getting an error when trying to print from IE that says

IE Security Warning

Windows has blocked this software because it can't verify the publisher.

Name: PrintControl.cab

Publisher: Unknown Publisher

Any ideas? I just created a brand new app with a new crystal report and was able to recreate the error. Thanks in advance for your help.

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question