cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identify a failed report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'm using Crystal Reports Server XI r2. I'm wondering if there is an easy way to identify a report that has failed. By going to Manage/Settings and then Metrics, I can see the number of reports that have failed but I don't know which ones. This morning I had to manually go through each report and look at the history to see if it was successful or not. Right now that's not too bad but we are adding reports everyday so this process could take quite a bit of time.

I looked at the Auditing tab in the CMS server and got excited until I noticed it said 'Your license does not allow auditing'

Does anyone know of a solution? Also just curious, is auditing available with Crystal Server or do you have to upgrade to Business Objects Enterprise?

Thanks,

Cyndi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srinivas! I didn't even think about Instance Manager. I just tried it and it gives very useful information. I also like the way I can see at a glance how long my reports took to run.

I'll keep the query handy too.

Thanks again,

Cyndi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe Auditing requires a BOE license and is not included with CRS / Edge.

The easiest way to manage failed reports (without Auditing) would be to use Instance Manager, available from the Administration Launchpad. A significantly less intuitive method would be to use the Query Builder with a query similar to the one below:

SELECT SI_ID, SI_NAME,SI_SCHEDULE_STATUS, SI_KIND
FROM CI_INFOOBJECTS
WHERE SI_KIND = 'Crystal' AND SI_SCHEDULE_STATUS = 3

SI_SCHEDULE_STATUS = 3 implies a failure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ramesh, that was very helpful. I'll give it a try.

-Cyndi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

In Crystal reports - when you schedule the Job to run, you have the option to set when the report fails, notify by email to a group or single user with appropriate subject line.

You can configure that and get email when report fails.

So far, I haven't figured out way to query the Reports inventory database just like what we have CMS for BOE environment and unable to list the tables and query against it.

Ramesh V.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

So far, I haven't figured out way to query the Reports inventory database just like what we have CMS for BOE environment and unable to list the tables and query against it.

What is the 'Reports inventory database'?

Srinivas