cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ECC5 WIn 32bit - 64 bit migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are planning to move SAP Ecc5 Win 32 bit to WIn 64bit.

I want to know the procudure involved as well as what are the major issues involved in doing the migartion.

Thanks & Regards

P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We r using Oracle 9.2.0.7.0 , SAP ECC5 and WIn2003.

I want to know what r the issues which we come across in the migration.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no big issues,

just make sure you install 64-bit kernel and Oracle on destination server.

stop DB on old server

move the DB on new server

start the DB

run SQL scripts (look my previous post)

start SAP

run SGEN

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you need is to have a clean server and this will be as a normal installation but instead of using EXP DVDs´s you will use System Copy from the instgui menu, it will ask for Kernel DVD, Oracle client, etc.

You will probably not get problems at all, basically you generate a control.sql and control.trc using BRCOPY program that generates the files authomatically, then you need to add some lines to the control.sql so when you import the database files and continue the process Oracle Upgrade will take place.

It is all automated using the master installation DVD so you should not have any problem. Of course you should try this first on a test system or the Dev system before doing it in PRD system.

The restore of the database files is the most time consuming and it depends on hardware.

Good luck.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We r using Oracle 9.2.0.7.0 , SAP ECC5 and WIn2003.

>

> I want to know what r the issues which we come across in the migration.

You will need to upgrade to 10.2. There is no 64bit version of 9.2, it's already out of support.

Markus

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What Database are you using?

The procedure is an Homogeneous system copy and in the system copy guide you will find all necesary steps, there are only some minor steps in order to upgrade from 32bits to 64 bits at least in Oracle (my experience).

Good luck.