cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DotNet Viewer causes clipping or truncation of fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have been experiencing the following problems with the Dot Net Viewer

1) Left truncation of left justified fields and right truncation of right justified fields.

2) Mis-alignment of headings so they no longer appear snapped to the horizontal grid when wrapping lines.

3) Justification of headings that are wrapped is incorrect as it inserts a space on the top line instead of the last word being flush to the right edge. Second line is justified correctly.

4) Spaces between words sometimes disappears.

These problems occur occasionally on a few fields amongst hundreds of reports.

Design mode preview always looks correct.

Printing from designer or front end looks correct too.

Reports are written in CR XI but I believe we have now upgraded to CR12 merge modules.

Different printer/drivers sometimes produces different results from different PC's.

Front end is written in C# Dot Net.

Any thoughts ?

Kind Regards

Richard Veasy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200290
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard can you confirm the following:

- Have you installed SP0?

- Can you check to see if these fields are formatted as Rich Text fields by right-clicking the field selecting "Format Field" going to the Paragraph tab and looking at "Text Interpretation"? IF it is set as Rich Text set it as NONE and see if the same thing happens. Now I understand if it is Rich Text it is set for a reason and long term setting it to none may not work for you however I have seen this issue before and I want to see if it is related.

Thanks!

Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your suggestions Trevor

SP0 appears to be for CR 2008 designer which I am still not using. We are currently only using the CR 2008 Merge Modules. I am designing in CR XI.

Regarding your other suggestion, the fields where I have problems are formatted to Text Interpretation NONE already. I think this is the default. I think I have tried the other options in the past too but it didnt fix it.

Just been re-checking point 1 problem and can longer see this issue with the field clipping, however the other 3 points remain minor problems still. So maybe CR 2008 merge modules at least fix one problem?

Cheers

Richard

former_member200290
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update. The next step would be to test these reports in the Crystal 2008 designer. If you are running the reports with the 2008 runtime and getting incorrect behaviour we need to see if the designer of the same version does the same thing. If it does then this goes beyond just looking at just the redist runtime but all the runtime and possibly the report design. This could be tested by running the report in the cr 2008 designer seeing if it happens and creating a brand new report in CR 2008 and calling it through the runtime.

Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your suggestion Trevor.

I don't currently use Crystal 2008 designer but will certainly try that out in the future.

Cheers

Richard

former_member200290
Contributor
0 Kudos

Great! Even if you own the designer and install it on a seperate test box or vm image for testing that should work.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you already enabled the option "No Printer" on the report? Give it a go and see.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, forgot to mention that before. The No Printer option is set against every report.

Thanks

Richard