cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports Page Server - Oracle Session Not Closing - reg

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am encountering issue with Crystal Reports Page Server when it tries to retrieve the data from Oracle Database while refreshing the existing report. I can see multiple Oracle sessions hanging when multiple people open the report (particularly 1 report) that may have many records (more than 20000 that is currently set limit in the page server configuration). So, Unless I kill those sessions using kill command under Oracle Database server, not going at all.

Its currently causing the Database Server load increase and slows other processes.

Is it worth to make the # of records to be retrieved as "Unlimited" instead of 20K to avoid this issue ?

The Oracle Database connection also doesn't get closed

even after the User log out successfully.

Thank You

Ramesh Vasudevan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you get this problem resolved?

I am having the same issue with Crystal PageServer not releasing memory.

Thanks

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also having the same problem and have to kill the sessions in Oracle, did you guys get this problem resolved?

Thanks,

Ian

0 Kudos

Hi

try to lower the Idle Connection Timeout setting on the crystal page server.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Strange thing is the fact that the idle connection will stay open for days if we do not close. Also noticed that if you stop process through instance manager the orphaned connection on Oracle will not terminate. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ian S

Env is Solaris 10 , BOE XI 3.1 SP 2 Oracle 10 Rac Websphere Cluster

0 Kudos

Hi,

what happens if you restart the CR processing server? Do the connections on the Oracle side go away then?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can give that a go, but wouldn't really be a viable solution on my production system. Plus what would happen to existing sessions that were open that weren't orphaned? We notice that these rouge sessions basically end up throttling the oracle db.

Could in reality be an oracle issue as there are scripts in theory to clean these items up. Problem is the scripts work for other processes, just not ones originally owned by BOE.

0 Kudos

Hi,

if the sessions are kept atcively open due to the BO side restarting the CR processing server should drop them. Just try this in order to identify where the problem exactly is.

Regards,

Stratos

Answers (0)