cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete messages from PI so that the same message ID can be sent to PI sever

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

for the automation of tsting on PI it would be great, if I could send messages with the same message IDs several times to PI.

I know, a message ID that allready exists cannot be send again. Therefore I am looking for a way to delete messgaes in such a way that sending of messages with the same ID is possible again.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks and Regards

Sebastian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need this kind of funktionality, as it is planned to send the same messages every day to PI Integration Server in a automated PI external process. This kind of process is able to send the message with certain IDs to PI. To make tracing of these messages easier we would need to have the same message IDs every day.

Hope this clarifies abit.

Regards

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sebastian,

I don't know if you have any control over message ID, but I can tell you at least one table where the message ID info is stored -- sap<SID>db.xi_af_msg. SAP may not store all parts of message in a single table. You have to find the rest of them and delete the entries pertaining to the Message ID that you want want to clear up.

The best way to find that out may be is to suspend all communication channels but one. Send a message across and see what tables are updated.

I hope you are doing this on a sandbox. Do share your results.

regards,

Roshni

Former Member
0 Kudos

What harm does it make sending the message again. MessageID is auto generated number.

What is hte driving factor for such a requirement? any business/ Testing impact based on this?

Regards,

Siva Maranani

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Message ID is auto created by XI. I dont think one can control is from outside.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even if you delete the message id, how would you reprocess the same message with another instance.

There are only two ways.

If your scenario is involved with IDOC use WE19 else copy the same payload and test in RWB as many times which will generate multiple message ids.

What is ur scenario that is to be tested?

Regards

Krish