cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JavaMail for ISA 4.0 b2c

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to ask for detailed information about how to enable the mail sending in the case of order confirmation etc.

I would like to have any available documentation about the administration and the configuration of javamail and also about inserting email functionality in jsp.

1. Specifies the version of the system

Cluster-Version: 6.40 PatchLevel 98256.313

Project-Dir:JKernel/630_VAL_REL

Build java version:1.3.1_12-b03 Sun Microsystems Inc.

SP-Number: 14

Regards,

Thanassis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi koustenis,

this javamail article give you more details on administration and configuration of javamail.

http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/?theserverside

Thanks

Varun

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Thanassis Koustenis ,

can u describe ur scenario correctly?.

is it an automated mail system or ?..

the details of how to send mail using java .. is described in this forum.

let me know in detail abour ur actual scenario.

regards

Kishor Gopinathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kishor,

The scenario is simple. I have CRM ISA 4.0 b2c site and I want to enable the mailing system (if it has). I can see at the J2EE Visual Administrator for Web As 6.40, under J2E->Server->Services->Java Mail Client that there are settings for the JavaMail, but the question is if/how the JavaMail is connected with the ISA 4.0 b2c/b2b application.

Retards,

Thanassis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanassis,

Unfortunately, I've no deeper knowledge of the ISA 4.0 b2c/b2b application (and any specifics it might have) but I'll try to explain in general how the JavaMail service on the J2EE engine is used by a J2EE web application. And I'm pretty sure you'll be able to map that to your specific case.

The key thing in using the JavaMail service is to get the javax.mail.Session object in your application. The recommended way to do it is to look it up from the JNDI. For more information, see the following .

To be able to look it up from the java:comp/env context, you need to set a reference to the MailSession object in the web.xml as follows:

<resource-ref>

<description>Reference to mail resource</description>

<res-ref-name>mail/MailSession</res-ref-name>

<res-type>javax.mail.Session</res-type>

<res-auth>Container</res-auth>

</resource-ref>

The rest does not differ from the standard way of using the JavaMail APIs, as described <a href="http://java.sun.com/developer/onlineTraining/JavaMail/contents.html#JavaMailUsage">here</a>.

Hope that helps!