cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly all Systems are gone from the Find Data-List

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

today I've created a DynamicProxy in VA for access to a Webservice (see ). I restarted VC and the Webservice occured in the list. Some time later I noticed that all the other Systems have gone out if the list. And I don't know why. I'm really confused. Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

should you use the WebDynpro-Runtime for your VC-Model, the solution may be to switch to another runtime like Flex2.

This worked at least for me: having started a VC-Model with the WD-Runtime, I was able to access all systems in the "Find Data Services" area. After closing the model and re-opening after a while (but the same day), the "System:"-Drop-Down-List stayed empty (i.e. no selectable entry). Nothing helped, even restarting the J2EE-Engine or the whole BI system did not bring back the systems to the list.

Comparing my settings with those of another user (who still had all systems in his list) showed the runtime as only notable difference.

This seems to be very deterministic: changing the runtime between WebDynpro and Flex2 (or Flex or XGraph) toggles the availability of the systems in the drop-down-box.

If you are using the WD-Runtime and want to stay with it, a work-around may be to switch to Flex2, import all required services to your model and then switch back to WD.

Hope-that-helps.

Hans.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Huh, this worked! Kind of crazy Thank you for your answer!

former_member194198
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This worked for me too. Its rubbish.

WD runtime, no systems, Flex 2 - lots of systems.

Nice Bug SAP.....

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it will happen if the portal Systems is down.

check the portal is down or not

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the portal machine is up and running. In fact it's physicallly the same machine as the one on which VC is running.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try refreshing your VC browser and check if you find the list of systems back. I tried this and it worked for me.

Regards,

Murtuza Kharodawala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope, didn't work for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

then check the systems in portal whether they ar mapped to the VC user with which you had login to VC.

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

checked it. And something is very strange. My User was created by copying from another user. The user from which mine has been copied also has an empty system-list. Additionaly another user still has the full system-list. But I've put mine into the same roles and groups as this user and still had no Systems in my list.

Marco

Additional Info:

I now created a new user. He has the roles: Super Administration, J2EE_ADMIN, Standard User Role, VCRole and is in the groups Everyone and Authenticated Users. And he also has access to the Systems. Now my user has the same roles and groups and has no access. I don't understand this.

Edited by: Marco Kröger on Sep 29, 2008 2:46 PM