Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Suddenly all Systems are gone from the Find Data-List

Hello,

today I've created a DynamicProxy in VA for access to a Webservice (see When trying to add Webservice System in VC I get an Invalid URL Error). I restarted VC and the Webservice occured in the list. Some time later I noticed that all the other Systems have gone out if the list. And I don't know why. I'm really confused. Any suggestions?

Former Member
replied

Hello,

should you use the WebDynpro-Runtime for your VC-Model, the solution may be to switch to another runtime like Flex2.

This worked at least for me: having started a VC-Model with the WD-Runtime, I was able to access all systems in the "Find Data Services" area. After closing the model and re-opening after a while (but the same day), the "System:"-Drop-Down-List stayed empty (i.e. no selectable entry). Nothing helped, even restarting the J2EE-Engine or the whole BI system did not bring back the systems to the list.

Comparing my settings with those of another user (who still had all systems in his list) showed the runtime as only notable difference.

This seems to be very deterministic: changing the runtime between WebDynpro and Flex2 (or Flex or XGraph) toggles the availability of the systems in the drop-down-box.

If you are using the WD-Runtime and want to stay with it, a work-around may be to switch to Flex2, import all required services to your model and then switch back to WD.

Hope-that-helps.

Hans.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question