cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple column detail

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm doing my 2nd ever Crystal Report using the Visual Studio 2008 version. The report has 2 different types of detail lines, each with their own corresponding heading. I made two groups, two details and set conditional logic to determine which one prints for each type of data. This works great. But I need 1 (and only 1) of the details to do a "Format with multiple columns" type display with 2 or 3 columns of the data fields in each row of the dataset for this particular detail. I can't see a way to set "Format with multiple columns" for only 1 of the detail lines. I'm thinking there must be some way to do what I want (perhaps an array?) but I can't find any examples on the web or in the books I have. FYI I tried doing this task with a Sub Report for the multi column detail but I ran into problems with the headings, pagination, and using multiple datasets so I abandoned that approach. Could someone please offer some help?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Subreports would be the only way I can think of.

See if you'll get a faster response posting to the Report Design forum. But let's leave the post here to, see if anyone else will be able to help. Oh, here is the link to the Design forum:

Ludek

Answers (0)