Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV and totals by currency and great total in USD

marcela_martinez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everybody!

I am working on a Detail/Summary Report and I'm having trouble in displaying the last total. My program works using ALV grid display. I'm getting fine the Total Amount per Currency. But I would like to display a final general total all in USD. For example:

ITEM CURRENCY AMMOUNT

1 EUR 10

2 EUR 5

EUR 15

3 ARS 20

4 ARS 10

5 ARS 20

ARS 50

6 USD 20

USD 20

GREAT TOTAL IN USD ???

Great USD total will be get by translating EUR and ARS' amounts to USD (item number 6 is ok). Any idea? I think that I can't do this but I would like to check with your expertise.

Thanks in advance and Kind regards,

MMP.

3 REPLIES 3

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you are combining the concept of the Local currency and the document currency. Currently, your ALV has the Document Currency values (e.g. EUR, ARS, USD) whereas (I assume) you have the local currency as the USD.

To get the total on the USD (Local Currency), you have to select and bring the Local Currency as a new columns. E.g If you are selecting data from BSEG than you must select DMBTR (amount in local currency) with the WRBTR (Amount in Document currency). Than You can than make a Grand total on this column.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

0 Kudos

Thanks Naimesh for your answer!

I undestood what you suggested, the point is that users want USD total at the end of the sub-totals by currencie's column. If I bring local currency I have to show another column.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks and regards,

Marce.

marcela_martinez
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answers.

I solved the problem with an ALV block. One block for common data ans second block only for USD grand total.

Kind regards.