cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSA data deletions

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are scheduled loads to a data target via a meta chain.

I want to include deletion of PSA data as part of the scheduled loads. Just wanted to check the following:

1. There are Process chain process to delete PSA tables

2. It is better to collectively delete the PSA tables

3. Should I include the PSA deletion as the last step for each individual process chain or as a new process in the meta chain

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Keep it individual process( for whichever data targets included PSA).

Regards

Pcrao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can place PSA in seperate process Chain & you can scheduled independent of your main process chain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So create a process which contains all the PSA tables for each process chain?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you put all PSA tables deletion in one process, then system will delete one by one PSA & process will take more time.

So group PSA tables like Master data PSA, transaction data PSA, PSA in between source system & BI , PSA tables with in BI etc....

Then do analysis on data volume on each PSA. If any table will recieve more volume, then better to keep it alone in single process type where as smaller ones can be grouped. Again it depends on your server work processors available, regular PC design & data volume.

Hope you might get an direction.

Regards,

Arun Thangaraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun,

Thanks for this forgot to add that the process chains are specifically defined as you have stated i.e. first chain is specifically for masters, 2nd is for transaction etc.

Good point re the size, in our case we do expect to see mush of a performance issue since it is not a high volume model.

Have awarded points

Answers (0)