cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Access denied. You cannot log on to an older version of the CMS."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting "Access denied. You cannot log on to an older version of the CMS." error when i try access the Universe through to Add new connect from Crystal 2008.

I have installed Business Enterprise XI R2.

Is Crystal 2008 not compatiable with BO XI R2? If so, any work around?

Thanks,

Venkateswaran.P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

CR 2008 is not compatible with BOE XI R2. The Crystal Reports 2008 report designer is unable to log into XI Release 2 or older servers.

The functionality that depends on an enterprise session is unavailable. If you are using one of these report servers(CRS XI/XIR2 or BOE XI/XIR2), we recommend you use the Crystal Reports XI or XI Release 2 report design tool.

The corresponding server for Crystal 2008 is BO XI R3 which will support all the new functionalities present in Crystal 2008.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Prashant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Crystal Reports 2008 can only connect to BusinessObjects XI 3.0 repository.

The following are some workarounds:

u2022 If it is necessary to communicate with an Enterprise XI Release 2 CMS, rollback the client to use Crystal Reports XI Release 2.

u2022 If it is necessary to use Crystal Reports 2008, upgrade the Enterprise system to BusinessObjects Enterprise XI Release 3.

u2022 Save your Crystal Reports 2008 reports to a physical folder that the Enterprise system has access to. Publish the reports to the Enterprise system by using the Central Management Console (CMC).

Regards,

Alpana