Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oraarch

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus and all,

i took complete backup of PRD system with third party tool (Acronis) and now i restored it on a new server(for DR). In this time, i did not start new server because PRD was running and created some oraarch files. if i copy of new oraarch from PRD and paste in DR(new server) then what steps will be require for up the DR.

regards,

majamil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The whole process can be automated using brarchive.

You have one brarchive process running on the source system copying logfiles, as soon as they are created for example, to an area (NFS of target oraarch) that the target can reach.

The target database can have a brarchive process running to apply them to the standby database.

If your using a standby database, you'll need to create a standby controlfile from the source system.

A few other tweaks are needed, mostly in source/target initSID.sap, as to where files should be stored/picked up and details on primary_db.

This document may help:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c7fdfa39-0d01-0010-b2a2-d9341d3f...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Or you can use Oracle dataguard broker to keep the standby database in sync and do the logshipping.

Whichever method you are comfertable with and have the skills inhouse.

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96629/preface.htm

Cheers,

Nischal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Majamil,

Restoring production backup to a DR server is not the only activity for enabling DR, there are other configuration settings and components that have to be setup (daemon processes) that keep the databases in sync. DR database has to be mounted in standby mode and some kind of notification has to be setup to ensure that DR is in sync, else immediate corrective action has to be taken. As Eric has suggested, you have to do some reading mate.

Cheers,

Nisch

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

go at

go find appropriate documentation.