cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer order split

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's

I have a question about splitting transfer orders. Can we split transfer orders based on quantity?

For example, if transfer order has total of 2000 units to pick. Can we split it into 2 transfer orders, 1000 units one each of them?

What are good ways to split a transfer order? please explain me

Best Regards

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI.....................I did this in our system as i said aboveand it's working fine for me

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Yes, you can split TO items based on quantities. For this you have to use the user exit MWMTO004 for splitting the item into futher items based on quantities and then use MWMTO012 to create a seperate transfer order.

Refer to this link if for further info on the same:

http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-log-wm/picking-for-a-to-using-strategy-m-la...

thanks

vinod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

In my knowledge Quantity split is not exactly a great criteria to split TO's. Splitting of TO's should be done based on ease of picking keeping the physical lay out of the warehouse.

Generally used splitting criteria's are...

i) VLTYP - storage type

ii) VLPLA - source bin

iii) VLBER - storage Section

U can use either i, ii or all three as a criteria

Regards

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you lot

Best Regards

Chandra

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorrowfully, quantity is not considered. SAP holds important these things:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/c6/f83df24afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Even though quantity is not involved into the list, you can use weight, volume for splitting the TOs.

I don't know this is helpful, or not:

You can, however, define your own criteria for a dynamic TO split via user exit MWMTO012

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Sep 24, 2008 6:08 PM