cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation date in Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In Sales Order, Accounting tab, there is "Cancellation Date" field. Does anybody know what is the use of that field?.

I read in help : Cancellation Date Specify the last date on which the customer accepts the goods.

But when I entry a Sales Order with cancellation date 27 September 2008. Then I change the system date to 29 September 2008, the sales order with cancellation date 27 September 2008 still have "Open" Status and I still can transfer that the sales order to delivery.

Does anybody know what is the use of "Cancellation date" field?. it is only information or sap b1 can automatic cancel the sales order after that date?

Thank U all.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member708266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

The orders with a Cancel older than 30 days will appear in the pick and pack list but you will not be able to pick it.

It is still possible to create a delivery for this sales order as the delivery can be created with a past date.

If you want to change the definition, please fill in the development request below.

In order find the order with a cancel date older than today's date you can run the following query.

SELECT T0.DocNum FROM ORDR T0 WHERE T0.DocStatus ='o' and T0.CancelDate < getdate()

The cancel date does not generate a kind of automatic cancellation therefore you will have to close them manually.

Wish the above information is helpful for you.

Regards

Apple

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot all for the answers

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cancellatin Date is more used like a validity date for the Sales Order....and speficially as answered by Kerstin on the Pick and Pack Manager..

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also use the cancellation date to suit your own purposes; for example, an alert could be set to warn of orders past or approaching cancellation, or it could be included in various queries that might be useful to you.

K_Pauquet
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ratna,

the cancellation date as well as all other relevant dates in SAP Business One are explained in detail in the EES:

[Dates in SAP Business One|http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000323202008E.zip]

The cancellation date in a sales order comes into play when you use the pick&pack manager. Selecting a sales order where the cancellation date is prior to the u2018Pick Dateu2019 and selecting u2018Release to Pick Listu2019 will result in the system message Pick list date must be between order & cancellation date', preventing the user to release this sales order to the pick list. This applies to already partially delivered sales orders as well.

All the best,

Kerstin