cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to pass field value as input parameter for a task

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the following scenario:

User opens a task from UWL and sees a UI in which a Quote no. is generated, which is saved in the backend. Next time the user comes to this UI(from the same task in his UWL) he should see the Quote no. generated. Also, the data is fetched from backend by calling BAPI which takes the Quote no. as input, which was generated the first time user visited this UI.

My concern is how can I store this Quote no. in GP, which was generated the first time, so that user sees the data specific to quote no., as relevant for that task.

Please help.

Thanks and Regards

Aanchal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can expose the quote no. at process level. once you do it you can map it to any action even you can map it back to the UI itself.

Its not clear how you are coming back to the same action. If you are coming back from some other action at block level the you have to expose it in the block level and map the quote number back to input of the UI.

Regards,

Srinivasan Subbiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

Thanks for ur quick response.

I am explaining my issue further.

User comes to this UI (first time), Quote no. is generated. User fills some other fields( but does not complete whatever he has to) and saves the data to backend. Now user closes the window (task remains in his UWL), but now when he opens the task, he should see the Quote no. which was generated earlier and also data which he saved(by calling BAPI). How can I get this quote no.?

Can you please explain what you mean by "expose the quote no. at process level"?

Thanks and Regards

Aanchal

Answers (0)