Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC with the selection-screen values(as a variant)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to create a BDC based on the data from the selection screen

I have got 25 Customer's and I need to upload the data of these customers in to F-02 to clear their amounts, picking their respective information from tcode - FBL5N.

My selection screen looks like -

1)ARTS Customer - 12345

ARTS Internal Order - 10001

:

:

25)DESIGN Customer - 67890

DESIGN InternalOrd - 10002

Now My issues is - I would like to save the customer numbers which I have entered in the selection screen as a variant so that I can call the values that I have entered in the selection screen do the respective actions and need to clear the items in F-02.

How to go about with this kind of scenario -

If you have any sample code please furnish.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

former_member585060
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a 2 Report Programs,

1 For Filling the Customer values with declaring RANGES option.

2 Actual BDC program with Selection parameters.

Now Call the 2 Program in 1 Program with SUBMIT statement.

Ex:-

SUBMIT zbdc VIA SELECTION-SCREEN

WITH SELECTION-TABLE s_customer

WITH SELECTION-TABLE s_intorder

AND RETURN.

0 Kudos

Hi,

My customer doent have an intension to enter the values in the selection screen.

so I have to enter all the customer Numbers(25) and their internal orders on the selection screen and save it as a variant.

and my BDC program is going be sceduled as a backgroud program for all customers every night clearing the balance.

So there is no need for this Ranges option as u suggested.

My reqmt is quite simple -

All the data has to be stored in the selection screen as a variant; and the BDC has to be scheduled as a backgroud job based on that variant...

Thanks,

Edited by: Jayavardhini A on Sep 24, 2008 1:55 PM

0 Kudos

you can put the variant along with program name in backgroung job.

0 Kudos

Sorry to say - I know How to save a variant.

The problem is as I said I have got different Schools/Services -

My selection screen looks like -

ARTS - arts customer Number

- arts internal order

:

:

DESIGN - Design customer Number

Design Internal Order.

--

Now How to have all the customer numbers into one of an internal table(ITAB-KUNNR) and all the internal orders into another field of that same internal table(ITAB-IO).

do I need to use MOVE statement or is there any other way to move all the customer numbers of that variant at once into an internal table.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

fill the data on the selection screen. Now, save this data as Variant...when you press SAVE button the variant gets created...

In background the program can be scheduled with variant option wherein the saved variant can be used..