cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset appreciation in the past fiscal years..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

1.I want to appriciate the value of the assets for the closed fiscal years (I mean in 2006).

Your answers are valuable to me.

Regards.

Baltha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MarkusBredel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Baltha,

I would not recommend to open the prior fiscal years, they may have been testified by auditors already.

To appreciate the complete accumulated depreciation from prior closed fiscal years you can use the function to post a write-up. More info about the "how" and "why" of write ups can be found [here|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/4f/71e8d1448011d189f00000e81ddfac/frameset.htm].

Regards,

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With OAAQ - Entire Company Code you can reopen old years (it is only possible to have 2 years open)

When you make changes in 2006 you have to renun depreciation / periodical postings and close the year (perhaps the same for 2007. It is possible that you have to reopen FI(CO) for these years and that you create postings in the old fiscal years!! It is possible to that you have to rerun settlements in CO and do the fiscal uear closings again for 2006 (2007).

When 2006 is open you can't create any postings in asset account in 2008!!

When your reporting is completed in FI for the old year it is no good idee to make changes in 2006.