Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP query transport issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have copied an abap query ZGA to ZGA_IND1 and changed the title to INDIA. I gave transport number and released and transported to Quality. A transaction has been assigned to this Query

But when I execute this query from Quality machine using transaction, it says program AQZZZGA=========ZGA_IND1====== is missing.

Transaction code is transported but not the ABAP query program. I retransported and failed couple of times.

Not sure why underlying program is not transpoorted to Quality.

Any idea, what I am missing here.

Cheers.

Sudhaker

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

As u know sap generates the query program name dynamically. So may be u have transported the query to quality successfully but sap generates the query program with a diff. name. Pl. check the query program name from SQ01 in ur quality system.

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you want to modify the title, then Copy the whole generated code and Create a separate program and use the program for your purpose. instead of using the Generated program. Make sure your transport the query etc to Q and Prodction also.

Since the code copied from query program consists of some generated functions .

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

I guess the transaction code directly calls the generated ABAP program, which is the bad approach, because the generated ABAP program might have different names in different systems (like here). You have to create a transaction, which calls transaction START_REPORT with the following parameters/attributes filled :

D_SREPOVARI-REPORTTYPE= AQ "parameter indicating Abap Query

D_SREPOVARI-REPORT= '...' "Query User group

D_SREPOVARI-EXTDREPORT= '...' "Query name

Of course you have to replace the dots with real usergoup and query names. You create this transaction code in the development system and transport it to test and production. It will work everywhere (in case the query is transported as well).

hope this helps

ec