cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMD agent in local SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have problems with installation SMD Agent for Solution Manager. Could you say me: is it possible to register SMD Agent in local SLD of Solution Manager? Or is it need to connect SMD Agent directly to local Managing system?

Thanks for advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bit more info for you:

Quoth SAP "If an SMD Agent has already been installed on your system with some wrong parameters, you can change the SMD Agent configuration by running the smdsetup script as described in chapter "Change the Managing System of the Diagnostics Agent". This is from the config guide.

You can connect an agent either directly to a managing system, or to an SLD. So yes, you could connect it to the SLD of Solution Manager but I can't really see the point 'cos all that will happen is Diagnostics will claim control of it later so you might as well connect directly to Diagnostics to start with. And of course, you can always publish its details into the SLD at a later date too should that be neccessary for some reason.

Enjoy,

=R

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Richard,

I had problem, but now it is solved. I just reinstalled SMD and connected it directly to Solution Manager. As I understand, SMD can be connected to Central SLD only, but my SLD in Solution Manager not central, so I can't connect SMD to my SLD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The SMD Agent instance registers directly with the Solman Diagnostics server during installation. If this has failed, you can register it manually afterwards. I'd send you the URL to the info if I could find one that still works

=R