Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SOAP adapter: WSDL issue

Hi Experts,

I am working on File-XI-->Mail scenrio using SOAP adapter. My file contains only one line fields say:

TATA 407

I have configered File adapter perfectly and CC of it is showing perferctly green (Data is coming in MONI). On the counter SOAP side, I would like to send this file to the Gmail. But I am not able to do this due to the fact that I am not understanding the WSDL ? I have read several doucments but not one is giving the perfect idea about it.

Please tell me how to accomplish it. Please avoid to send the links. Please help ASAP.

-=Soniya=-

replied

Hi Soniya,

>>I do agree that Mail adapter can be used in place of SOAP

No, it's not that.

SOAP and Mail adapter are two different things. SOAP adapter is used to exchange SOAP messages (do not confuse "message" with "email message") between applications (XI/PI to third pary OR third-party application to XI/PI) using SOAP/HTTP protocol. Whereas Mail adapter is used to send email using IMAP/POP3 protocol.

>>Somebody is saying that Webservices are the one, where you send your messages either side people are saying.

Correct. You can configure SOAP adapter as sender in PI and receive SOAP messages in PI sent by some third-party application. OR you can configure SOAP adapter as receiver and post the message form PI to some third-party provided URL.

For exposing webservice from PI all you need to do is to go to Integration directory. Select the sender aggrement you want to puslish as web service. From TOOLS menu say display WSDL. Save this WSDL and provide it to client/third-party application. They will have to generate the client proxy class and post the message from there to PI.

For cosuming webservice in PI (posting message from PI), third-party application has to provide you with a URL which you will enter into SOAP receiver type adapter.

Regards.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question