cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report that reads from an XML file Datetime or Date

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a Crystal Report that reads from an XML file, the source File XML Date data looks like this: 2008-03-10

But the Crystal Report interpreted by datatime, I need the Crystal Report to look like this: 2008/03/10 (date) not 2008-03-10T00:00:00-05:00 (datatime)

Help.....

Schema xs

<xs:schema id="BD" xmlns="" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"

<xs:element name="dt_usercreate" type="xs:date" minOccurs="0" />

Source XML

<dt_usercreate>2008-09-23</dt_usercreate>

In Crystal

dt_usercreate 2008-09-23T00:00:00+01:00 like the datatype Datatime not Date

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) What version of Crystal reports are you using?

2) Do you see this issue in the CR designer? If so, please post to the Report Design forum:

Note that if the issue exists in the CR designer, the issue will exist at runtime also and needs to be resolved in the designer 1st.

3) If this is only happening in a runtime application, specify the CR SDK used and the development language used as well as version of the development language.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Thanks for your response.

Iu2019m using crystal reports 2008. The problem occurs in all, in the Crystal reports designer and runtime for applications (using visual studio 2008, import file xml from dataset and associate source report)

Look at an example source file xml at url: http://www.5websoft.com/multi.xml

Import the file in the design and will to verify that interpret incorrectly the fields of type date as datetime

Thanks!

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK. This forum is for support of Crystal Reports in .NET applications. Typically, the fist thing we require is that the report works as expected in the Crystal Reports Designer. E.g.; if the report does not work in the designer, it most likely will not work in any app either.

Based on the above, I have to ask you to please post the query to the Report Design forum here:

Get the report working in the designer. If at that pint you still encounter the same issue in the .NET app, return to this post and we'll help you form there.

Thank you for your understanding,

Ludek

Answers (0)