cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal reports Using Stored procedures ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts

I am trying to do reports using Crystal reports in SAB B1.

What is the use of stored procedures in Crystal reports? How it will help us to generate report? If so what kind of reports we generate using stored procedures? When I am using stored procedures it asks more parameter valuer values? what is that parameter values?

Plz help me.

By

Kalai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to the common relational database attributes (tables, fields, records, and so on) many SQL DBMS systems support stored procedures. A stored procedure is a compiled SQL program consisting of one or more SQL statements. A stored procedure can be used to define an SQL query that you can use over and over again. Furthermore, variables, conditional expressions, and variable arguments can be defined in the stored procedure so that you are prompted to provide information before the procedure is executed.

Since stored procedures can return a result set, they can provide a specific set of data when executed. In fact, Crystal Reports allows you to execute a stored procedure on an SQL database and use the returned data to design a report. If the stored procedure is designed to prompt a user for information to base its query on, Crystal Reports will prompt you for that information when you select the stored procedure for your report.

One of the main purposes of a stored procedure is that records are filtered on the server. The benefits of using stored procedures include increased speed and reduced network traffic.

Using stored procedures for faster processing:

A stored procedure is a compiled SQL program, consisting of one or more SQL statements, which resides and runs on your SQL server. Although stored procedures can take time to set up properly, they can be incredibly powerful.

The advantages of using stored procedures are most noticeable when reporting off large sets of data, or when running reports that demand long, complex calculations. In such cases, you should ideally use a predefined stored procedure that performs the complex work for you on the database server.

For more information on Store Procedure, refer the document 1152023 --u201COracle Stored Procedures and Crystal Reportsu201D

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0edd2f4-2540-2b10-2d9b-eb7767ef...

This document contains information about which database drivers support Oracle stored procedures in Crystal Reports XI Release 2, XI, 10, and 9. Also, this document contains information on how to report off an Oracle stored procedure, including a list of minimum requirements.

Regards,

Alpana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for ur reply. I am using SAP B1 2005B and SQL2005. Will it work with it. If so can u give me any sample reports? or guidelines how to generate?

By

Kalai