cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currency mix in Bex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

When I run a query which includes a key figure for amount with different currencies, I like to see the sum and an indicator, that the result comes from mixed currencies. What I am seeing now, is a star (*).

Any idea, whether this can be setup in customizing or in each query separately?

Thank you for your support

Aban

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very fast and very preciese!

Thanks

Aban

yogesh8984
Contributor
0 Kudos

I was expecting 10 pointers... :-). Anyway good to see that you got what you want.

Regards,

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This was a mistake. You surely deserved 10 or more

Thanks

Aban

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Just use a formula in BEx using NODIM(name of key figure)

This will remove the currency from the key figure in the display and it will show (and sum) correctly without the star.

Diogo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can put the currency in drill down (or drill across), so you'll see the different currencies, and the summation.

Be aware that this is quite dangerous to sum different currencies, and you should consider currency translation process, which is really not difficult to implement !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dar Diogo,

thanks for the input. But my question is: I do like to give the user a number as a summation of different currencies without conversion; this is ver dangerous. What I want to do is: sum up th values ignoring the currencykey. But the sum vaue should apear like this: 1234.00 MIX (and not simply 1234.00)

regards

Aban

yogesh8984
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think making the KFs as NODIM will not work. We had tried this but we got * in the result rows. You can add the currency key column in the report layout which will then sum the rows based on different currencies.

Regards,

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suppose there is customizing setting, where you say: how to handle this: showing a * or MIX and the sum of values, etc.

But the question is: where is this setting to configure?

yogesh8984
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is the path for that setting...

SPRO --> SAP Reference IMG --> SAP NetWeaver --> Business Intelligence --> Settings for Reporting and Analysis --> General Settings for Reporting and Analysis --> Presenting the numeric value in the Business Explorer.

There you set the option you want for 'Mixed Values'. By default there is * written.

Regards,

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Yogesh. This is exactly the answer I was looking for

Kind regards

Aban