cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP Controller in Netwrok Header

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we deactive MRP controller as a mandatory input while creating network ?

What exactly does MRP controller contribute for ? If don't assign or if I assign wrong do I loose somewhere ?

How it is different from the one in material master of the material assigned to network activity?

Thanks

Saikishore Ganga.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are not using MRP controller in the bsuiness process (grouping), the field has no significance. But before deciding anything, please remember, it is an authorization object and can be conveniently used for authorizing different networks under the same network type to different users.

Regards

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Murali,

Thanks for the reply.

We here have the concept of grouping materials under a MRP controller.

Please make me understand following

I am running MRP @ plant level.

Assume I have assigned an MRP controller X in my network.

Assume I have assigned few materials under it and for each materila MRP controller is defaulted in respective material master and is different from 'X'.

When MRP is being executed @ plant level, whether the above network materials can be exculded from the MRP RUN by MRP Controller ?

Thanks

Saikishore Ganga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can default this number in configuration if you want. This will ensure that user need not enter this data every time.

If you are not using grouping of material requirement based on MRP controller in network, you do not really loose anything. If material requirement in the company is being carried out based on MRP ensure that the requirements part of thei MRP group is made part of MRP run.

As the name suggests, this is used for MRP. Yoiu can group the requirements. This can also be used for authorisation control.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Giri,

Thanks for the reply.

We are grouping material requirements under an MRP control for a specific type of materials. Like

All HALB by A

ALL ERSA by B

ALL ROH by C.

But this done at the material master level. And IF I assign each of the above material types under one network, which MRP controller I shoud choose? What value addition is it making by adding in network header?

Does it is like I have my own MRP controller for my network and will allow or disallow network for MRP as per my discretion is this what it is for ?

Thanks

Saikishore Ganga

Former Member
0 Kudos

MRP Controller in Material is used for determining general requirements. Create different MRP controller for networks for each plant. Create Network Profile for each plant so that you can have default plant and MRP controller.

It may not be a specific value addition in your case, but in cases where there is going to be a MRP run based on project this will really add value. As I said in my last posting, this is used as authorisation object as well. Hence this will really be of great help in case of project based MRP.

I hope this answers your question.