cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DBACOCKPIT - TNS: could not resolve the connect identifier specified

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have ECC 5.0 and Solution Manager 4.0 on Win 2003 and Oracle 10G.

I tried to add database of ECC development system in DBACOCKPIT.

During the configuration of the system, I configure the database connection and got the error during the test connection u201CTNS: could not resolve the connect identifier specifiedu201D.

I am not sure about the user name I entered in the connection properties. I tried the connection test using SIDadm, SAPserviceSID and local user of ECC development system.

I want to confirm that which user I have to enter in the connection properties or I need to create a new user in DB of development server in order to resolve the error?

Thanks,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

> I configure the database connection and got the error during the test connection u201CTNS: could not resolve the connect identifier specifiedu201D.

Did you insert the TNS entry in the tnsnames.ora on the sap server for the remote database?

This should be the problem.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for reply.

On which server I need to insert the entry? Is it on ECC server or on Solution Manager or on both?

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Rajesh

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

you have to enter the entry on the system which is performing the DBA COCKPIT transaction.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your Info, I added the entires into tnsnames.ora using Local Net Service Name configuretion and issue is resolved.

Thanks & Regards,

Rajesh

Answers (0)