Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the IDOC name attached with message type (IDoc at receiver end)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I have configured the Order Confirmation Idoc.And the port used is XML_HTTP. in this port generally the idocs are sent to a java servlet.

So there the idocs are being created with name :- Idoc_no.XML

but i need to get the IDoc name prefixed or attached with the message type name, that the particular idoc uses.

waiting for your replies .

thanks,

jeevan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeevan,

I assume you want to create the file name of XML document at reciever end with Message type name prefix right?.

use the function module EDI_PATH_CREATE_MESTYP_DOCNUM

in the Port configuration @ WE21 Configuration

Regards

Vijayanand Poreddy

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For this Requirement, you may have to get in touch with the Mapping Team who does the mapping between SAP and the Receiver.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat Phani Prasad Konduri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in We82 (Assigning message types to Idoc types)

Rhea.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeevan,

I assume you want to create the file name of XML document at reciever end with Message type name prefix right?.

use the function module EDI_PATH_CREATE_MESTYP_DOCNUM

in the Port configuration @ WE21 Configuration

Regards

Vijayanand Poreddy

0 Kudos

Hai vijayanand,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes vijay you are ,my requirement is exactly like that.

As I told I am using XMLHTTP port.So in we 21 under XMLHTTP port I couldnt find any place to mention that function module,

So please let me know the details...

thanks,

jeevan.

0 Kudos

Hi Jeevan,

I am sorry for the confusion, the solution i provided is used when we go for XML FILe port. But when we go for XML HTTP port, this option is not available in SAP. So we need to check with the target system, whether there is any option available to read the file contents before saving , so that we can save the idoc with the required file name .

With my knowledge i assume why this option is not there for XML HTTP port is when we use XML HTTP port the idoc will be converted into XML and will be transported over HTTP protocol to an remote system which may be any type like XI, Java Servlet, Business connector, .Net etc. So in that case all the systems may not support the file name what we propose from the SAP. This is my assumption.

Please go through the help provided by SAP for XML Port types

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/21/e9c975eb1911d6b2ea00508b6b8a93/frameset.htm

Please check with the Java guys who are working at the target end, whehter they may help you to resolve.

Thanks & Regards

Vijayanand Poreddy

0 Kudos

Hai vijayanand,

thanks for the reply..

So do u say we cannt do anything in this case...

thanks,jeevan

0 Kudos

Hi Jeeva,

Yes, I think we can not do anything in this case. Because once IDOC is converted into XML and sent over HTTP protocol , SAP will lost the control over the file. It is target system logic how it will be saved at that location. So definately there will be some provision in the target system to save the file name with required tags.

Regards

Vijayanand Poreddy