cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Referencing MDM Repositories

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can I refer one repository into another repository?

For example, There are two separate repositories named "Material" and "Vendor". Can I link "Vendor" repository in "Material" repository? If so, how? If not, is any one have idea how to link them?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rajesh,

Yes , you can .... just go thru it , wil help you,

The repository framework supports linking/referancing between resources.If a link refers to a target that no longer. The repository framework supports linking between resources.

The repository framework implements two types of links; internal and external. Just get the link of vendor repository into material repository. you can have referance option to connect this.

Reward the points if it helps.Thanks

if you want more information about this , just go thru

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/42/96b381a6325ed1e10000000a114cbd/frameset.htm

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

I do believe cross-repository references are not available on MDM5.5 SP3. BTW, the link was pointing to KM repositories.

Greetings

Alejandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

I do believe cross-repository references are not available on MDM5.5 SP3. BTW, the link was pointing to KM repositories.

Greetings

Alejandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Cross-Repository references are not available as of MDM 5.5 SP3 Patch1 as Alejandro pointed out. But, one work around for that may be the following:

<b>Scenario:</b> Extract all the Materials supplied by a particular Vendor from a different repository.

<b>Workaround Solution:</b> Use MDM APIs to extraxt the Materials for the selected Vendor in Data Manager and display them in Web Tab of Data Manager.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rajani Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you could do is to create a picklist table in one repository that is periodically updated using extract from the other respository.

Regards,

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you considered using remote keys for linking ? you could assign a remote key in one repository, referencing the object in the 2nd repository. this will address only the linkage between material and vendor object. (e.g. for the material main object, you may have lookup consisting of its vendor, for each such vendor entry, assign the remote key of the vendor object in the 2nd repository).

Kevin

former_member192347
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

If you want to see only limited number of fields of Vendor object. Then may be you can create Qualified table called Vendors and use it from Material Main table (product) i.e. create link between Material and Vendor.

e.g. how Bank Details Qualified table is used in Vendor repository.

This would require that you have to syncrhonize the data of Vendors Qualified table, with Vendor repository data, using Import Manager.

Abhay

Answers (0)