cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting Stock of a Material to Interim Account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to change the Valuation class of a material.

I have marked all relevant open purchase and production order as Deleted.

However there is some valuated stock existing for the material. I understand that we need to post this to other account. Can someone help me with this process.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Safi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Consume the stock:

MB1A + 201 + proper posting date (e.g. last day of the previous period)

Reset the stock after VC change:

MB1A + 202

(other option is to move the stock to another materialID by MB1B + 309 - I prefer MB1A + 201 / 202)

Regards,

Csaba

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

sir,

i am not clear on how we can delete/ cancel open purchase order when the PO has been already issued to the vendor.is it required to create new PO for the remaining materials after changing the valuation class by using movement types

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Remove the existing stock from all the storage loc by using migo mvt type 201 to some cost centres. (after changed the valuation class then reverse the same from the cost centre to resp storage loc)

2. Cancel/Delete all the Open qty P.O/P.R (Open Purchasing Doc)

This is more enough to change the valuation class.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for the clarifications provided.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

If all the stocks are zero and there is no pending orders exists

Option 1:

Goto tcode MMAM - This tcode is for changing the material type and not valuation class.

If you change the material type in MMAM transaction automatically the valuation class will be changed in material master. The system will take the changed material type valuation class which was created for that material type.

Option 2:

Goto tcode MM02 - Accounting View 1 - This tcode is to change the valuation class directly.

Whether you can or cannot change the valuation class directly without changing the material type depends on your own company img settings.

If you want to change the valuation class, there may be because of one or more of the following already exist for the material:

1) Valuated stocks in the current period or in the previous period.

2) Open purchase orders may be there.

3) Production orders which a goods movement has already taken place.

For this first you have to do the following:

If valuated stocks already exist, you can change the valuation class only:

a) Post the stocks of the material to an interim account.

b) Change the valuation class in the material master record.

c) Post the stocks of the material back to their original account.

If open purchase orders already exist, you can only change the valuation class if you first flag the corresponding purchase order items for deletion.

If production orders exist for which a goods movement has already taken place, you can only change the valuation class if you first set the status of the production orders to deleted

By this you can keep the same material type as FG and can assign the proper valuation class.

Regards,

Syed Hussain.

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To Change the Valuation class of the material, first of all you need to do following-

1.GR for full open quantity is done.

2. LIV is done for planned delivery cost as well as goods and services.

3. Full Vendor settlement is done both for Goods as well as delivery cost vendors.

4. All stocks are consumed and there is no stock balance.

Once the valuation class is changed, during G/L account determination it will determine the new G/L account instead of the old one.

In case you still want to have some posting on the basis of the previous G/L account, you need to do the same based on manual Journal Vouchers.

If open purchase orders already exist, you can only change the valuation class if you first flag the corresponding purchase order items for deletion.If production orders exist for which a goods movement has already taken place, you can only change the valuation class if you first set the status of the production orders to deleted...

You also need to delete or move the stock to other place and then you can change the valuation class....

For more follow the link

http://www.thaisapclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49

Regards,

Priyanka.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

U can create an internal order and issue the material against that order.

Once your activity is over reverse these transactions