how to drill down another one report on one field value of one row
I have two reports that can link together on one field of respective database query command. The effect i want to reach is that when user clicks this field value on some row of one report, which i call source object, another report, target object, would use this value as input parameter and the page would jump to this linked report. I can see Format Editor provides Hyperlink feature when one field is edited, but i don't know how to associate another report as what i described here.
What if one the following conditions is met:
1.one of two objects, source object, is one chart object
2.target object is one chart object
3.two objects are both chart objects
Note: two objects is separately from different reports.
Additionally, is it possible to code for hyperlink functionality under both .NET WinForm and WebForm? what if under RDC?
Edited by: zhi li on Sep 24, 2008 11:53 AM
Edited by: zhi li on Sep 24, 2008 11:57 AM
Edited by: zhi li on Sep 24, 2008 11:58 AM
M Kotzabassi replied
I don't know if you can use the hyperlink to call a subreport but the following has worked for me in Crystal 10:
1. In your main report create a group on the field you want to pass to the subreport.
2. In the Group Footer, use the "Insert Section below" menu command so that you have a Group Footer 1a and a Group Footer 1b.
3. Put your table fields in the Group Footer 1b section (this would be similar to your Details data).
4. Put the sub report in the Group Footer 1a section. Set up the links to the subreport from a table field in your main report.
5. Right-click on the sub-report, select "Format Sub-report". Click on the "x-2" button to the right of the Suppress option and enter "DrillDownGroupLevel = 0" in the "Formula Workshop-Formula Format Editor-Suppress" window and save it.
When you double-click on your data field (i.e. the field in Group footer 1b) it should drill-down and run your subreport.