cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memo Value in percent (not amount)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all forumers,

I would just like to seek assistance re: this concern of ours wherein our client requires that for a specific asset class, the remaining 15% of the book value will not be subject for depreciation. For example, an asset with acquisition value 10,000 has already gone past it's useful life of 5 years, there should still be a remaining book value of 1,500.

I browsed thru the forums, and saw that it is possible to configure a memo value per asset class using t-codes (OAYI and OAAW) but found out that I have to indicate an amount and not a percentage of the book value. Is there a way I can set-up this requirement of our client?

Many thanks and best regards!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

In the asset you have the option scrap value.

In the asset the tab Depr areas click on the line.

There you have the option to fill-in a value or an ammount (when the field is not hidden)

An other option is the depreciation Key (AFAMA) here you can create a setting Cutoff value key. In you case you have to make a key with 15%

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MarkusBredel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

if you want to use a certain percentage rate which should not be depreciated, then you have 2 more options:

1) assign a scrap value percentage rate to the asset

2) assign a cut-off value key to the depreciation key assigned to the asset

Advantage of option 1 is that you can specify it individually on the asset depreciation area level. Disadvantage is that you have to maintain a lot of assets if you want to use it for a group of assets for example. Then option 2 can be used, where you use a cut-off value percentage which takes effect to all assets which use this depreciation key.

Both options are documented in the SAP Help Portal, you can find further information there.

Regards,

Markus

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Goto TCode AFAMD max/min %. However it is useful if you have Declining-Balance Methods. Check it.

Cheers

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi

>

> Goto TCode AFAMD max/min %. However it is useful if you have Declining-Balance Methods. Check it.

>

> Cheers

> Srinivas

Hi Srinivas,

Does it mean I have to assign a different depreciation key to that asset class? I was hoping we can use the key STLN for all assets.