cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO release strategy applicable only to POs created by certain users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our business has a requirement that PO release strategy be different depending on the user that created the PO. E.g. If user1 were to create a PO one release strategy would be applied, whereas if user2 were to do it a different release strategy would take effect. Is this possible? Help is appreciated.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution not possisble without enhancement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create characterisics as created by and add it to the class.

In the characteristics enter the two users who will create the PO

Create 2 different release strategies as per your requirement.

In the classifaction for each release strategy select the respective user's.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies. I'd like to go into some detail regarding my scenario. Assigning release strategies on the basis of purchasing groups won't work for me because the business requirement is based on the fact that there are two users creating POs in the same purchasing group. One user is responsible for purchases of raw materials and the other is responsible for purchasing packaging materials. The business requires that POs for RMs and packing be released by two different managers. So I need that release strategies be assigned on the basis of user IDs of persons creating POs.

It was suggested that I create a characteristic created by and add it to the PO class. The problem is that table CEKKO, which contains the fields that can be used as characteristics, does not contain a created by field. There are apparently two user definable fields in CEKKO which could possibly be used, but I dont know how to use them, or even if it is possible to use them this way. If anyone can suggest a solution I'd really appreciate it, thanks.

Regards

deiva
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai,

This can control by means of user authorisation profiles. Check the object M_EINK_FRG Release Code and Group (Purchasing) in su01 or PFCG. Here assign only the respective release codes & groups of the particular release strategy to the user id.

Former Member
0 Kudos

make user1 and user 2 as purchasing groups ab1 and purchasing group ab2 then make release strategy.

in classification of release strategy enter purcsasing group you want to having release strategy.

so when user1 will make po he will seleect his purchasing group and release strategy will follow to his po and which will not happen for other user.

regards

points if solved