cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Adobe Interactive Forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a serious problem with an adobe interactive form. I created a form with the help of a how2 ( http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/dc/f1783fe3263042e10000000a114084/content.htm ) but when I'm klicking on the Submit Button nothing happens. I tried another how2 ( https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/documents/a1-8-4/how%20to%... ) but with the same result.

I've tested this forms with Adobe Reader 8.0 and 9.0 (Browser: Firefox3 and IE7).

The ADS is configured correctly (tested with FP_TEST_00)

Anybody out there who had the same problem (and solved it) or have some hints for me?

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Christain,

Depending on the type of form, you should select the submit button from the respective library.

Form type = native then choose Submit from Web Dynpro Native library in LiveCycle Designer and if its ActiveX then choose from WD ActiveX library in LiveCycle Designer.

Also put a message in your submit handler and see if its triggered:-

wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager.reportSuccess("onSubmit called");

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

your code did not work (NWDS cannot find the object?).

But I have a - maybe - silly question:

we have NW 7.0 SP11 installed and I'm using NWDS v 2.0.9.

Is it possible that the version of NWDS and NS had to fit? So I have the wrong version of NWDS installed.

Christian

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Christian,

As thumb rule the WAS and NWDS SP levels should match but I have observed that you can have NWDS on lower version provided WAS is on higher SP i.e you can develop an application in NWDS 7.0.5 and deploy it on your WAS with SP 5 and above.

The code fragment should work in NWDS 7.0, so try installing NWDS 7.0.x where x = sp version and see if it helps to resolve your Adobe error.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

If you are using NWDS 2.0.9, then you have to USE button from Activex library as Native support is not available in this version.

Cheers,

Arafat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arafat,

the problem is I have no ActiveX libary in NWDS 2.0.9 only a Web Dynpro Libary.

I have uninstalled my old NWDS, installed NWDS 7.0.11 from Marketplace and installed ALD (my old ALD and an update to 7.1.5020.1.443351). Everything works fine, but I get errors, when I'm adding the code mentioned in step 39 ( https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/how-to-guides-rig-... ).

The error is:

The method currentTraveDataElement() is undefined for the type IPrivateTravelRequestCompView.IContextNode

Do I have to install some plugins or source code locations to get it running?

(Sry for annoying you with this noob questions. )

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Dont think that you need any further plugins or any related installation. Looking at the error it seems that the node TraveData is not available in TravelRequestCompView context.

Please check that if node is there, you have created atleast one element before accessing same.

Hope this helps!!

Cheers

Arafat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arafat,

you are right.

I copied the code from the pdf without looking over it. Now I change Trave to Travel and everything works fine.

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

in NWDS 7.0.11 your code fragment did not work.

And of course the Submit to SAP Button did not work, too.

But I have one last idea: do I have to install the same java version as on the portal server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Java version on your machine should not be of lower SP level tha your server.

Cheers,

Arafat

Former Member
0 Kudos

So JDK_1.6.x is just fine?

Or should i use 1.4.x?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian

Use JDK 1.4.x.

Cheers

Arafat

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Christian,

As Arafat suggested use JDK 1.4.x. I think SAP still does not support JDK 1.6.x as even with CE 7.1, it supports 1.5.x as per my knowledge.

Also there was a small typo in the code fragment. I forgot the () brackets for getMessageManager method.

Correct line should be

wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportSuccess("onSubmit called");

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok now I've installed 1.4.2, added your code fragment in onSubmit(), rebuild my project and deployed it. But the problem still exists.

Maybe it's my Adobe and/or IE version (both the latest ones)?

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Christian,

Well if you don't see the message on the screen that means the program control is not going into the onSubmit method.

I am on IE7 and Adobe 8.1 and I don't have any issues with Adobe Forms.

Is it possible for you to send me the project? You can find contact details in business card.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Try to put the below value on the exit event of some text field and then try to put cursor in the field - enter something and then get the cursor out of this field... most probably ur message would be displayed.

app.eval("event.target.SAPSubmit();");

Hope this helps!!

Cheers,

Arafat

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have mail.

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Christian,

The displayType property of the Interactive Form element was activeX. Please change it to native.

Now goto Web Dynpro Native Library in Designer and drag a Submit button from there.

The coding in the Script editor for the button should show as below:-

// DO NOT MODIFY THE CODE BEYOND THIS POINT - 800.20070410093956.383622.376748 - SubmitToSAP.xfo
ContainerFoundation_JS.SendMessageToContainer(event.target, "submit", "", "", "", "");
// END OF DO NOT MODIFY

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

thank you very very much! Now everything works just fine!

Bye

Christian

Answers (0)