cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic visibility options

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I am trying the same report in xcelsius which is already there in the below link

http://ryangoodman.net/blog/index.php/2008/02/28/overlay_charts_in_xcelsius

and when I go for properties > Behavoir>Dynamic Visibility I can see the options Status & key = 1 what is the use of these options and when I click on status to enter the value it asking me to enter the cell from the excel sheet but when I open the existing model in the link I can see the status as 1 and when i click on it it shows me the cell where my cursor is postioned in the excel . which value needs to be taken here

Regards,

Sany

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very simply, you need to tell the chart to watch a cell (Status cell); you then need to tell the chart what to look for (the Key). So, when the correct value (the default is 1) appears in the cell, the chart will be visible. If any value other than the Key is present in the Status cell, the chart will not be visible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dynamic Visibility allows the user to turn a component on or off. For example, the user can check a check box which will display a graph. Un-checking the checkbox will make the graph disappear. You can also make a component visible or not automatically.

The Status option references a single cell. The contents of this cell is compared to what has been typed (or referenced), by the Key option.

e.g. If the dynamic visibility for a line graph has the Status pointing to cell A1 and the Key being 1 then the line graph will appear every time a 1 appears in cell A1 and disappear every time anything other than a 1 appears in cell A1.

If you add a checkbox for the user to use and make it so that the Destination is entered into cell A1 then when you select the checkbox, so that a tick appears in it, the number 1 will be put in cell A1. The line graph will then appear because it is looking for a Key of value 1 in the Status cell A1.

Nice work on your website by the way. Some really useful tips.