cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a new language in portal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to add new language(Marathi) in portal.Using the thread 468191 i configure it in portal content translation.but the language is not visible in personalize option.How to acheive this ?

Regards

Bala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1. As marathi is available in Portal Content Translation, now you can translate all Portal contents.

Apart from that, if you want to show marathi in masthead, then you should open the masthead par file and you will find the translation properties files under private/classes, add the marathi properties file here. So this way for all applications you can add marathi translations.

If you want to add marathi to language list while creating/editing user in UME, then follow note: 624929. There you should add marathi in all languages.properties files.

2. Configuration of supported languages within the portal

SAP Note Number: 1013521

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiii..

Anyone have anu Idea how to convert the text into UTF8 encoded stream.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mayank,

I have done the steps but it doesnt work.

I took the EAR file and Extract the War File in that I have added hi=hindi in languages_en.properties and save it as languages_hi.properties in some location.After that i have upload the languages_hi.properties in config tool(the path you specified) and restarted the server.when i open the personalize option --> userprofile option will come there when i click the language dropdown the hindi doesn't appear.

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mayank,

Use this code u will get the unicode.

String unicode="गेर";

String unicodebyte=new String(unicode.getBytes("UTF8"),"UTF8");

char []a=unicodebyte.toCharArray();

for(int m=0;m

System.out.println("

u0"+Integer.toHexString(a[m]));

Refer this link :

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Bala.

In my view u r doing any mistake in add nls fille for hindi in configtooll.bat.

Give me u r email id . I have sone documents which would be usefull for u.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Get my id in Businesscard.

I have one more doubt that after the second step again i have to deploy the Ear file to server ?

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mayank,

Can you send the documents to my mail.because i cant give my id in forum.Get my id in forum business card.still the problem doesn't get solved.

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mayank,

Now i can get the added new language "hindi" in Self registration user Language options.But it is not coming in userprofile language optons.Is there any other configurations.

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for late rply.

There is no need of do some extra configuartion .

I m sending a document on u r email Id , hope that would be usefull for u .

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii BALA,

Check this thread:

and if u have any query pls revert back.

Thanks

Rewards R welcome

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have followed the thread and i done the changes in umeuseradminbase.jar and com.sap.security.core.admin.630.ear but the new language is not added in the dropdown.

I am using EP 7.0 sps13.

These are the threads i have followed still i am not clear with the procedure.

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

HIi .

Pls follow these steps:

.On the file server navigate to

<Installation-drive>:\usr\sap\<SID>\<Instance_ID>\SDM\root\origin\sap.com\ com.sap.security.core.admin\SAP AG\<version_number>\com.sap.security.core.admin.630.ear

From here extract the com.sap.security.core.useradmin.war.

2.In com.sap.security.core.useradmin.war file and add u201C hi = Hindi u201C in Language_en.properties

Create a copy of Language_en.properties, and save as Language_hi.properties at any location.

Now we have to do some changes with the help of configtool.bat

So start the tool by executing.

<SAPJ2EEEngine_installation>\j2ee\configtool\configtool.bat>

Now Switch to configure mode.

In the Tree navigate to cluster_data>>persistant>>com.sap.security.core.ume.services.

Now switch between view and edit mode and choose yes.

By right clicking on com.security.core.ume.service create a Sub node. And choose

File-entry and upload the language_hi.properties that you have created in previous step.

Create and Close the Window. And just restart all cluster nodes

Now when User will change the Portal Language, Hindi Language will also come as portal language

Rewards r welcome