cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currency Translation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a DSO where the data is getting loaded from R/3 say DSO1. And for theDSO2 the data is coming from DSO1. Then i have a cube where the source is DSO2. The data which is coming from r/3 have data i.e amount in different currencies. I want to convert that data into a single currency ie YUSD.

My question is can we do currency transaltion at the first DSO. If not then, can we do it second DSO? If yes, then how, by a routine or can be done thru any function module? If yes, then which is the function module which supports currency translation?

We can also do currency translation at the cube level by using currency translation type. But will it be the same as the one which can be done at DSO level thru routine or function module?

We have done the currency translation at the query level, but we require at the Multiprovider level itself.

Can anyone please provide some inputs?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can convert anywhere you like. Just use the FM 'CONVERT_TO_LOCAL_CURRENCY'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks a lot for ur reply.

I missed one point, ie the currency translation should be based on the fiscal period rates.

As the rates for us dollars keeps on changing, the data which has been loaded at a particular time, the amount should be modified according to the rate at that time.

In short, the amount should also consider fiscal period before converting.

Can u provide some inputs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

u can maintain currency translation for that transfer the currency translation frm r/3

goto rsa1 -> source system -> select the r3 system -> rightclick and transfer global setting

choose currency and execute

and also maintain the translation type with reference to time using RSCUR or RCC1

Sonal....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to add. It may be nice to keep the first level DSO as the source of data and do the translation as part of the load to the second level DSO

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sonal,

thanks for your valuable reply...

To be more clear..can you please explain me in detail how to use the time ref in RSCUR...

My requirement is, currency translation should be done based on the FISCAL period.

So, the procedure expalined by you, is it the perfect one for my requirement.

Can you please show the routine which can be taken as reference to write the same for me..as i am new to routines.

Your inputs wil be highly appreciated.

Please reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

define your currency translation type in RSCUR. Here you can choose a time reference for the translation type. After that you can use this new created type for currency translation in transformations or queries.

You can define a new key figure for single currency ie EUR. After that use in transformation your new created conversation type.

Transformation e.g.:

Fixed Target Currency -> EUR

Currency -> from converstation

Conversion Type -> Z_M_BW -> your new created translation type

Source Currency -> 0DOC_CURRCY Document currency

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Goto -> RSCUR

Enter the Conversion type as Z_____

Clk Create

Then in Exchange rate tab ->Select the Exchange Rate type as maintained in R3

then in Currncy tab choose the target curency that u want

then in Time Ref tab choose Variable Time Refervnce select the

period that u want to take (begin or end ..) for 0FISCPER

Then save the settings

Now i dont think u require any routine for conversion anymore

Try with this, then ask if any further queries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonal,

I have a doc. on this. If you want I can send it to u. my id harshal.panchal@ gmail

Thanks.

Answers (0)