cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test XI Fileadpter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

im working on a fresh installed 7.0 XI system. So i created a little file to proxy scenario. Now I want to test this scenario but I need to provide the File adapter with an FTP server / Folder on the XI server.

FTP server is currently not possible, as the XI system is in a data center and I can't just use an FTP server from outside. So i though obout using the file system of the XI application server. But I struggle in uploading/downloading files. Transactions CG3Y and CG3Z are not available on my system.

Is this normal? Has somebody a workaround?

Best regards

Florian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

sap xi SCENARIO source directory working ,but not working target directory

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI..

if u definetely needs it we have plenty of tools to make ur system as an FTP.. and create it u will get virtual FTP server and proceed else as with the above why can't u use the\ NFS for the scenario..

regards

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Of course I am heading for an FTP solution..but until I have an FTP i want to use NFS as an interim solution. I was just not not sure how to upload the files. But I will test TA SXDA_TOOLS to upload my file.

Can someone tell me if there is a difference to TA CG3Y and CG3Z?

Thanks

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

CG3Y is used to download the file placed in the Application server to the front end

CG3Z is used to upload the file from front end to the Application server.

regards

kummari

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know, but whats the difference between TA SXDA_TOOLS and CG3Z ?

Kind regrads

Florian

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Use NFS Transport protocol in the Sender File CC and Place the file in the XI Application Server(AL11).

1) goto SXDA_TOOLS Transaction code

2) Provide the Following details

Object Type : DXPROJECT

Program Type: BAPI

Program/Method: CREATE

3) Click on Copy Button

4) Select the Source as Presentation Server

a) Select the File where you saved in your Local machine

5) Select the Target as Application server

a) Check the check box Remote Server

b) Select the File type as Physical

c) In File name give /usr/sap/SSD/DVEBMGS00/work\Your file name (This the Server path

Where the file is going to save)

6) Click on Continue

Go to AL11 and check whether the File has been create in the following path //usr/sap/SSD/DVEBMGS00/work

Provide this path in the Communication channel path when you select the Transport Protocol as NFS and you place the file in AL11 directory.

former_member223435
Participant
0 Kudos

I uploaded file and its visibling with transaction AL11 and i gone to RWB and stop & started channel file got picked.

Now i need that IDOC number how i can get it?

Please help me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

using NFS and a local directory seems to be a good solution if FTP is not available.

But why you don't just copy a test file to a directory.

Regards

Patrick

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

try Tcode SXDA_TOOLS.

Object type: DXPROJECT

Program type : BAPI

PROGRAM: CREATE and then click on COPY and specify yiour source/target directory/file.

Edited by: sudhir tiwari on Sep 24, 2008 11:22 AM