Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Process-Time based constraints , Procurement upper limit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have the following scenario.

We are trying to model the vendor capacity using key figure -procurement upper limit.

Following are the master data setup :

1. Finished goods (Proc type X) with a valid T lane with means of transport.

Created a BOM for this FG with a dummy raw material and transferred to APO as PDS

Max limit of procurement qty is keyed in for the raw material as the vendor capacity.(Proc upper limit)

When I run the optimizer , it is correctly picking the procurement upper limit from the raw material and linking to the parent finished goods and creating the planned orders for FG equal to the procurement upper limit of the raw material.

Requirement is - Finished Goods is a procured Item and PReq is required in place of planned orders.

If I put high costs for PDS in order for the TLane to be picked up , the link with the raw material/proc upper limit is going off resulting in PReq creation in excess of proc upper limit...

I can go and change the SOS in the product view to get a PReq , but this cannot be standard solution...

Has anybody modelled this before , Any ideas in getting the PReqs within proc upper limit ??

Thanks in advance...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My understanding about your problem definition is as follows:

Your SKU is outsourced & you have got constraint in Vendor capacity. You expect that planning should consider the vendors constraint & plan accordingly.

Regarding PPM/PDS, I do not have any clearity regarding whether it is maintained for own location or vendor location?

By definition, PPM/PDS is used only for In house manufacturing & not the external procurement. Hence in your case also, planning is respecting capacity constraint but generating Planned order as expected.

Atlernatively as you have also observed, whenever we maintain T. Lane, planning will genertae the PRs but it will not respect the capacity constraint.

I feel if you map your business process as subcontractiog instead of mapping ext procurement as in house mfg, it may solve your purpose.

with regards

Mangesh A. Kulkarni

Answers (0)