cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounting document not generated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am looking into an issue where in the system has not generated an Accounting doc for S1 cancellation invoice, but the F2 invoice it is cancelling has an Accounting doc.

Also further, the user has created one more invoice(F2) for the same sales order & cancelled it again using S1.Here the system has generated Accounting doc for both F2 & S1.

In the document flow of the Sales order, the status for the cancelled invoce(S1 for which there is no Accounting doc ) & F2 (which was initially cancelled) is showing as " cancelled" but for the invoices created later & cancelled again the status is showing as " completed".

Could anybody pls tell me why the system has not generated the Accounting doc for S1 initially & why the status is showing as " cancelled".

Thanks & Regards,

Mahesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

THANKS A LOT FOR UR ANSWER.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear MP

Go to VOFA, select the billing type S1 and execute. There you can see a field "Document Type" where you should maintain "S1".

Most probably, in your case, initially it was not maintained and subsequently, it has been included. To reconfirm this, you have to first check what are all the transport requests moved during this period and you have to find through which transport request, it was updated. As you must be aware, when you make any changes in IMG settings, without a transport request, it cannot be saved.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thanks again for your reply.

I checked in the S1 billing doc. type, in the field " Document type " they have not maintained 'S1', but still they were able to create the accounting doc. for the S1 cancellation invoice when they cancelled it second time.

No changes were carried to the S1 billing doc type.

Regards,

MP.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear MP

As per standard, for cancellation billing type, as I said earlier, the accounting document type should also be maintained for the field "Document Type". I have a feeling that the root cause of your issue is bcoz of this.

You must be aware, if you leave this field blank, standard behaviour is that the Accounting Document type would be RV which is applicable only for sale billing document type.

Maintain S1 in VOFA and try your process. This should solve your issue.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to check in 3 places

1.Check your billing type any posting block is there

2.For your customer whether the reconsallation a.c being maintained in CMR

3.See your VKOA settings

Pls reply whether my suggestion has helped?

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to: T. Code: VF02

Key-in your Cancelled Invoice No.

and Click "Green Flag" (Shift+F4) - Release to Accounting.

Now check the System Message at the bottom of the screen. either It will get released to Accounting or will give you the exact error-log to diagnose.

Best Regards,

Amit

NOTE: You have already one thread with the same issue, open in the Forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

When I release the Billing doc to accounting, the system is giving the foolowing message "The accounting document was not created".

There is no other details in the message.

Regards,

Mahesh.