Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while trying to install BO XI

former_member633852
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to install Business Obeject Enterprise Query, Reporting, and Analysis package,

During installation i get this error,

Error 1904. Module C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\CrystalExtension.dll failed to register. HRESULT-2147024770. Contact your support personal.

Abort - Restart -Ignore options are available

How can i prevent this error,

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some of the installations may not work properly if the Operating System not matching. Try with other Operating System (especially in XP), which may do good.

With best regards

Baski.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some of the installations are not getting succeeded when the operating system changes. Try with other Operating System (especially in XP), this problem would not occur.

With best regards

Baski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atakan,

I have found a article with the similar issue like yours. I hope this helps you.

KBase Article ID:8593996

Article refers to: BusinessObjects Enterprise XI BusinessObjects Desktop Intelligence XI

Symptoms:-

In BusinessObjects Enterprise XI Release 2, when installing the client tools, the following error messages appear:

"Error 1904. Module C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\win32_x86\ExportSDK.dll failed to register. HRESULT -1073741819. Contact your support personnel"

and

"Error 1904. Module C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\win32_x86\importent6.dll failed to register. HRESULT -1073741819. Contact your support personnel".

Cause:-

The error messages occur because the DLL files belonging to the Import Wizard did not register.

Resolution:-

To resolve the error messages

1. Click Ignore.

2. Complete the installation.

3. Manually register the DLL files.

To manually register the DLL files

1. Perform a search for the DLL file in Windows Explorer (for example, important6.dll).

2. Click Start > Run. The Run dialog box appears.

3. Type "regsvr32 ". Include the trailing space.

4. Reduce the Explorer window size so that both windows can be seen.

5. Drag the DLL file from the Explorer window to the Run dialog box.

The text field in the dialog box should contain "regsvr32" and the path to the DLL file. It will appear similar to the following: regsvr32 C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\win32_x86\importent6.dll.

6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for any other DLL files that need to be registered.

====================

NOTE:

To unregister a DLL, use the same steps as above, but type regsvr32 /u <path to the .dll file> in the Run dialog box text field.

Let me know if it works for you.

Regards,

Prashant

Edited by: Prashant Saduwale on Sep 24, 2008 3:41 PM